The Cyber-shot DSC-QX100 is a portable 'camera unit' that clips onto your smartphone. By using Sony's PlayMemories Mobile app you have complete control over the camera, and photos you take are automatically transferred to your mobile device. The QX100 has the same 'guts' as the Sony RX100 II premium compact, complete with a 20.2 megapixel, 1-inch sensor and F1.8-4.9, 28-100mm lens, but you don't get much exposure control and you can't shoot RAW.
Sony DSC-QX100 Smartphone Attachable Compact Camera
Already own this?
This item is in your gearlist!
- 20.2 MP 1"-type Exmor R CMOS sensor
- 28-100mm equivalent F1.8-4.9 Zeiss lens with OSS image stabilization (3.6x optical zoom)
- 160-6400 ISO (expandable to 25600)
- 1080/30p HD video (MP4 format)
- NFC/Wi-Fi allows simple, one-touch connection with a smartphone
- Use Apps to edit and share photos instantly online
- Control zoom, aperture, exposure, white balance, and more with your smartphone
- Shoot and enjoy images thru the smartphone’s large LCD screen
- Save images on both camera and phone memory
- Camera includes tripod mount threads and can be decoupled from smartphone
- Compatible with iOS and Android smartphones
|Max resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Other resolutions||3:2: 2736 x 1824; 4:3: 4864 x 3648, 2592 x 1944; 16:9: 5472 x 3080, 2720 x 1528; 1:1: 3648 x 3648, 1920 x 1920|
|Image ratio w:h||1:1, 4:3, 3:2, 16:9|
|Effective pixels||20 megapixels|
|Sensor photo detectors||21 megapixels|
|Sensor size||1″ (13.2 x 8.8 mm)|
|White balance presets||8|
|Custom white balance||No|
|JPEG quality levels||Normal|
|Optics & Focus|
|Focal length (equiv.)||28–100 mm|
|Maximum aperture||F1.8 - F4.9|
|Macro focus range||5 cm (1.97″)|
|Screen / viewfinder|
|Touch screen||Yes (via smartphone)|
|Screen type||Depends on connected smartphone|
|Live view||Yes (via smartphone)|
|Minimum shutter speed||4 sec|
|Maximum shutter speed||1/2000 sec|
|Manual exposure mode||No|
|Subject / scene modes||No|
|Self-timer||Yes (2, 10 secs)|
|Exposure compensation||±3 (at 1/3 EV steps)|
|Resolutions||1440 x 1080 (30 fps)|
|Storage types||microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC, Memory Stick Micro|
|USB||USB 2.0 (480 Mbit/sec)|
|Wireless notes||802.11b/g/n with NFC|
|Remote control||Yes (via smartphone)|
|Battery description||NP-BN, NP-BN1|
|Battery Life (CIPA)||200|
|Weight (inc. batteries)||179 g (0.39 lb / 6.31 oz)|
|Dimensions||63 x 63 x 56 mm (2.46 x 2.46 x 2.19″)|
can we flip it like qx30 to take selfies and whats its sensor size is it bigger than qx100?
Range between the camera and smartphone
Has anyone tested out the maximum distance the smartphone can be away from the camera, QX100 or any capable cameras?
Does QX100 have a mechanical shutter?
I can't find info on the type of shutter on these cameras. Do QX10 and QX100 have pure electronic shutters (like phone cameras) or do they have mechanical leaf shutters? If you have one, you might be able to tell by turning of the sound and hearing whether there is a shutter click when taking a pic. Thanks in advance.